Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
21-08-2017, 17:35 ,
LudeS Offline

• Aug 2017
  • 32 Posts
  • Threads: 5

Abusive kicking reporting

Hello Everyone!! First of all congrats to PlayerX because he made a great job on the forum.

For long i wanted to have a serious thinking about an important point into your servers because it looks like few admins are abusively kicking on CTFB..

Sometimes people are whining about a player cheating.. and it's legitimate. But admins are not doing the job when 
they do not verify scientifically by themselves (wise spectating of the concerned player) and just kick away saying "not when i play.." it sounds like personals diseases.

However it's very easy to find if someone is playing with a cheat when you have a good knowledge of the game:
For exemple you could turn sometimes a map into developer mode without anyone know and active specific tools to proove the cheats. it's one of the best way to catch cheaters with a scientific proof.

Also.. when you spectate someone PLZ turn VOLUME UP and identify the environement of the focused player because most of skilled players use headphones and it helps A LOT: even a weapon switch is listenable in this game and headphone gives you left or right position of the incoming sound.

I won't talk about my experience of this abusive kicking fact because i think the problem is bigger than my own but be sure i will help if i can solve any issue.

Best Regards Veteran's Team.

LudeS
----------------------------------------
https://www.twitch.tv/ludes2007
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2017, 12:56 by LudeS.)
Give Reputation to this user
Quote this message in a reply Reply
22-08-2017, 16:19 ,
Player X Offline
Administrator

• Aug 2017
  • 49 Posts

RE: Abusive kicking reporting

Ludes nice long post with good points ...

Admins can wrongly assume that some players have something , as all other players can ...we are all humans and make mistakes .

Playing with headphones is best options for gaming , because it's much easier to notice enemy by sound - location.

In developer mode server mods must be off , because server will crash.
23-08-2017, 13:27 ,
deckoskvarta Offline

• Aug 2017
  • 2 Posts
  • Threads: 0

I do agree with you Ludes, some admins do get a bit tempered and kick people without a proven reason and I have seen people kick you for the same (no) reason. This probably happens because a lot of people in the server aren't top notch players and often accuse good players of cheating without a reason, as you probably saw a lot of times.

In your situation, I haven't personally kicked you myself as I think you are playing clean, I watched you a few times and didn't see anything unusual. But you do know that I warned you many times about your "defending" style which I won't get into details now. I think it's not a reason for a kick since every time I warned you, you stopped doing it. 

But next time please do consider other players as the game tends to get really boring when there is always one person guarding the flag the entire map not giving them any chance, the whole team will then follow with camping and there is no action for 20 minutes. We don't want that, do we? Smile
23-08-2017, 14:49 ,
LudeS Offline

• Aug 2017
  • 32 Posts

(23-08-2017, 13:27 )deckoskvarta Wrote: please do consider other players as the game tends to get really boring when there is always one person guarding the flag the entire map not giving them any chance, the whole team will then follow with camping and there is no action for 20 minutes. We don't want that, do we? Smile

It's a smart thinking!! Agreed with you and got it clearly.. Blush  as long as i got enough time to set my tripwires before go away  Tongue
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2017, 14:51 by LudeS.)
27-08-2017, 14:25 ,
tomeEEEko_O Offline

• Aug 2017
  • 5 Posts
  • Threads: 1

Good point right there. Non-experienced admins will never be working as good as we expect them to work that is why we need to make good relationship with each other and we need to teach them, show.them basic.things of how to find out cheating player
29-08-2017, 14:14 ,
LudeS Offline

• Aug 2017
  • 32 Posts

(27-08-2017, 14:25 )tomeEEEko_O Wrote: show.them basic.things of how to find out cheating player

Few basic advises to get cheaters busted:

1. DON'T CRY for cheating and GO SPECTATOR first (anonymous if needed)

2. TURN VOLUME UP and USE BRAIN as most as possible while spectating the player at least during 1 map (to precise strange gameplay/actions)

3. Note player STATUS/ID

4. RECORD DEMO if you have a REAL doubt (watch it later into developer mode with mods off and x_debug function to proove gameplay issues)

5. Post Demo on forum (GET OTHER OPINIONS from experienced people)

6. Install Seismovision (allow to watch demo with developer tools for cheat busting): http://www.seismovision.net/

This will prevent abusing kicking.. That way I used to get cheaters banned or proove someone was clean on my servers..
Linked exemple -> Cheater busted by demo running with Seismovision: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiitq_Eb0GM

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2017, 17:59 by LudeS.)
28-09-2017, 17:07 ,
Snow Offline

• Sep 2017
  • 1 Posts
  • Threads: 0

Dear Player X!

Can I get answer who banned me again from the ctfb server?
I was played normally like always without any cheat. But i dont know which admin banned me again.. Really? We needs to play this game every week? 
I just want see the evidence why i got the bann. Demo, picture, pbshot  something...
Or he/she have problem with me because i can play better than he/she is? It's not cause for the bann...
U know i was played nearly everyday on the ctfb server from end of 2016.  
Thanks if u can send for me the answers..
Have a nice day! 
Better than my one Sad
29-09-2017, 00:34 ,
Player X Offline
Administrator

• Aug 2017
  • 49 Posts

Snow wasn't me.